Sometimes things slip through

Wandering Ear

It's hard to believe that no one in the whole process noticed this, so I have to assume they decided they could get away with it since they didn't hold on the shot for very long.  Feels like they were pretty short on coverage from this scene.  Either way, sometimes it's fun to notice these things.  From the show Mr. Robot.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 18.38.33.png

1 hour ago, Glen Trew said:

How do we know it's not from her phone ear buds? That type of thing doesn't bother me or distract me from a show. What does take me out of the moment is when a person looks 15 feet away but sounds like they are 6-inches away. Now that's faux pas to be bothered by!

Lack of sonic perspective. +1

14 hours ago, Glen Trew said:

How do we know it's not from her phone ear buds? That type of thing doesn't bother me or distract me from a show. What does take me out of the moment is when a person looks 15 feet away but sounds like they are 6-inches away. Now that's faux pas to be bothered by!

Glenn.  You gotta get with the plan.  It seems that sound perspective has gone the way of the Model T.

D.

I was the utility on the movie Gifted with the very young and talented McKenna Grace.  All in all we did a great job on that one, but there is one scene near the end where she turns around and there is the square shape of the transmitter under her tight tiny shirt.  I think I gasped out loud in the theater!  When we shot that scene I remember seeing it on the first take and going in and taking the wire completely off her before take 2.  The point being that we have no control of what they use once it's committed to picture.

On 14/11/2017 at 8:04 PM, Glen Trew said:

+1

Problem is, with 3 cameras shooting wide tight and medium...it sometimes ends up the radios we're the only option... I always request the mics be mounted a bit lower to put some distance in the perspective given the f@#$&d situation of having to gather proper audio..

Things sounded better when we shot wides, mediums and proper close ups..

As for the wire in the shot.. who knows..may have been done on a regular job with a mixer in a bag with no monitor.. or, a few people were not paying attention, or both.. When discovered it was probably too late to mention sheepishly.. or wardrobe or talent may of yanked the mic off ...mixer may of never known.. I knew something was off and it took me a minute to see it..  99 percent of anyone watching probably missed it too... We kinda look for that stuff though..