How can I tell what block a Lectrosonics receiver is on if the info is missing?

IronFilm

If it has original antenna you can reference the colour of the cap on the end or perhaps even the length on the antenna (obviously this will only really tell you what freqs the antenna was made for but it might be a start. After that I'd try sending serial number to lectro and ask.

12 minutes ago, daniel said:

If it has original antenna you can reference the colour of the cap on the end or perhaps even the length on the antenna (obviously this will only really tell you what freqs the antenna was made for but it might be a start.

Ah yes, I should have said they're without antennas. Otherwise that would make it very easy!

13 minutes ago, daniel said:

After that I'd try sending serial number to lectro and ask.

Guess I have to do that, was hoping there might already be online a hidden list of info which explains it all. 

Is an orphan! No transmitter came with it :-P

But I do have a fair few transmitters, so I'll give a try at setting them all to the same hexadecimal code and see if by luck it receives any. Then if I get lucky, I'll mark the transceiver myself, so I know for the future. 

Only if that fails, then I'll try bothering Lectrosonics with the serial number!

7 hours ago, mikewest said:

Look at the transmitter - lateral thinking!

mike

Lol, I was going to suggest looking at the TX, then thought I would suggest getting a new door and having the RX in whatever block suited :-)

Iron, if you've got some TX across a range of blocks/channels/freqs you could try disabling squelch/pilot on RX and see what you can pick up. Even if your TX don't cover the full spectrum you may be able to extrapolate what the block is by picking up other transmissions (eg TV, emergency services etc).

4 hours ago, DanieldH said:

True, not sure though if the RFE Signal Generator might be of use.

I don't have the generator on my RF explorer (or 2.4ghz module), I'm not sure it was available back then. But I just read:

"Currently in BETA the new RF Signal Generator is fully programmable, can work as a CW single carrier, multi Sweep and Tracking Generator from 23.4Mhz to 6GHz. More details available on this page." So it's a pretty good call.

Iron, if you don't own an RFE I would give a strong recommendation to buy 1. They are really useful and quite cheap considering other solutions. You can RF survey a location without carrying loads of gear. Excellent battery life allows you to monitor RF changes across the day and avoid issues that didn't show when setting up etc. I generally cross reference the RX scan with what shows on the RFE (as I'm not always convinced about the RX freq scan).

It is a good idea to use a (any) signal generator for this, but the RF Explorer one is not an add-on module it’s a stand-alone device. I suspect that most of us won’t have one, but if you do, that could help. 

I still think calling Lectro with the serial would be quicker and easier (than buying an rfe generator). Or, as suggested above, open the box and look at the pcb. My SSM has its serial and block written there