Wireless "bursts" of volume?

RPSharman

Asking the collective... I have 2 Venues over blocks from 21 to 25, powered independently. I am getting occasional bursts on my wireless, that are happening too often not to be worried about it. It's happened on SM (both on actors and wireless boom), HMs, UM400a, so not P48 issue. Happened with various boom ops with different poles. Sounds like someone cueing a walkie next to a transmitter. Not a "hit", but a burst of increased volume. Spoke to Ron at PSC, as my cart is powered exclusively through PowermaxUltra, and he can't think of any possible scenario for this. The board is also PSC. A Solice. Not consistently on one input channel. Anyone else experience such a thing? It was most pervasive on a show shooting near a beer distribution depot, so possible high power 2-way radio steppage, but we shot a lot at night when depot was dark.

Robert

22 minutes ago, afewmoreyears said:

Where are you Robert...  If your in LA, I just read T mobile just turned on the 600 gear they now operate there...

Happens outside of 600, and started prior to the T-Mobile roll out.

I am going to start taking better notes when it occurs, now that it is happening more often than I am comfortable with.

One of my 211's use to do this. (if I understand your post)  Out of nowhere it'd go up 10-15 db and then go back to normal. I sent the trans and receiver back to Lectro for repair. Sorry I can't remember what they did to fix it. Your issue seems to be across multiple units so I doubt it's the same thing. (Not much help here)

Curious about your problem. Let us know when it is resolved.

CrewC