Neo Packs

Scott Clements, CAS

I boght 2 of the Neo Packs ankle straps and used them for the first time today.  They ROCK!!! The actors loved them, they were easy to put on, and super secure.  We have our actors running and fighting a lot, and I have every confidence that the transmitters won't be falling off.  I think these are a must have!!!!

Scott

I own some neo packs and also agree that they are great.

I also wanted to mention that recently I worked at the Basketball Hall of Fame with the AND1 team and the production company asked Versa Flex (who make the bag harness) to custom make a bunch of  cloth waist Tx belts.  These were specifically made for Lectro UMs.  The Tx pouch had holes in it for the antenna and cable. I remember it was very easy to get the Tx in and out of the pouch and it held the Tx tightly and securely.  The pouch was designed so the Tx would sit horizontally.  The belt didn't use stretch elastic.  It was a sturdy cloth belt that had a plastic loop on one end and then the other side of the belt went through that loop and then wrap back onto itself and was held with a long stretch of Velcro.  It could accommodate many different waist sizes.  Before I bought my Versa Flex harness seven years ago I talked with them and they were willing to do any custom work on my harness if I asked them to.  I guess they are still doing custom work. Just thought I mentioned this in case someone had some specific design ideas for a Tx pack. 

Andy

I boght 2 of the Neo Packs ankle straps and used them for the first time today.  They ROCK!!! The actors loved them, they were easy to put on, and super secure.  We have our actors running and fighting a lot, and I have every confidence that the transmitters won't be falling off.  I think these are a must have!!!!

Scott

Link to Neo packs please.

Eric

I ran into my friend, Mark Grech (a VERY good boom op), in front of LSC a couple of years ago as he was dropping off prototypes of this great product.  At the time, he was selling only black and had ankle/thigh/waist packaged together for some CRAZY amount of money.  It was particularly funny, since I had in my car at the time the neoprene ankle straps I had been using.  They were way less snazzy, but quite effective.  The price is about the same now, but broken up into packs you need.  Worth every penny, and WAY better than the old elastic kits, of which I have several unopened in a tub somewhere!!

The first time I saw a cut-up knee brace of sorts a few years ago, it was being used on "Grey's Anatomy".  I quickly stole the idea and added it to my kit as a boom operator.  As I mixer, I have a pretty good supply of lots of different things, but mainly I use these (see photo - 1st generation SM "pouch" sewn onto neoprene) for ankles, I use slip-on knee and thigh supports for thigh "straps" of various sizes (actresses love these because they slip on and off like a sock, and then she can tuck the transmitter underneath on her own, and move it around for comfort and camera angle), but I do have NeoPax for the waist and "man-bra" situations.

Robert

BTW - These are all washable (although it does reduce their life a bit), and having multiples to swap out for the sweaty situations is a good idea!

post-485-130815080031_thumb.jpg