Cos11 tie-clip alternates

Adam White

Hey.

Do any other manufacturers make a tie clip that fits the Sanken Cos-11 (other fits would be bonus) and is possibly less expensive than the OEM version?

Would it be *that* hard to design a single, "universal" clip that works with all the popular lavs? 

cheers

Adam

If you're not trying to hide the mic, I use a COS-11 in a hush-lav, and it fits in some of the larger tie clips very well. 

There's one from Lectrosonics I used to like quite a bit although the last two I bought were faulty and didn't close all the way and had to be returned. Clips for the Sony lavs seem to fit the COS-11/Hushlav combo well too. 

-Mike

Thanks for the responses everyone.  Are you referring to the Sennheiser MZQ 22? Or the MZQ 1?

cheers

A

I believe that would be the MZQ 22 clip that was mentioned above. Great clip.. the lav is held in place by a separate piece that you can easily rotate inside of the main housing. This allows for more options in terms of mic orientation. However, the separate piece is made to clamp around the cable, not the mic itself, which makes it a crazy tight squeeze (if possible at all) with a cos-11. I vaguely remember seeing a post where some third party had created a version of that piece that is made to actually fit a cos-11. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't get away with this on camera! Might pass with a smaller piece of black hushlav. But it really looks like an emergency rig to me.

cheers

Adam

On 12/8/2017 at 7:45 PM, Mobilemike said:

This is the Auray Mic clip for the Sony ECM-44 on a COS-11/Hushlav. 

-Mike

IMG_0058.JPG

On 12/9/2017 at 5:13 AM, efksound said:

Sennheiser barclip with a 3D printed COS11 adapter

cos11 mke.jpg

Pretty cool!

1 hour ago, Adam White said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't get away with this on camera! Might pass with a smaller piece of black hushlav. But it really looks like an emergency rig to me.

cheers

Adam

Pretty cool!

It works perfectly on the ADR stage though!

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...