bigyna

Sennheiser G3 with cos 11D

Hi all. 

Wanted to know if anyone uses sennheiser g3s transmitter reciever with cos11d? How is the experience and what needs to be taken in account if i want to use some?? 

Thanks

I'd recommend it, I went this route before upgrading to lectros and got through lots of gigs with them... you can use your G3s for camera hops later on and reterminate the cos11s when the time comes. Win win.

Is a very popular choice, which people often do as an intermediate step between G3 to Lectros. By upgrading first the mics from the stock ones (although when you buy Lectrosonics later on, you will need to rewire your lav mics).

I make 4" long adapters that allow Lectro TA5 terminated lavs to be used with Sennheiser G series transmitters and adapters that will allow G series 3.5mm TRS terminated mics to be used with Lectro TA5 terminated transmitters.

The Oscar TL40 looks like a TRAM and maybe great value at the price.

The COS-11 is a stunning microphone but expensive.

My judgement on any personal mike is how easy is it to apply quickly and reliably!

mike

2 hours ago, mikewest said:

The Oscar TL40 looks like a TRAM and maybe great value at the price.

The COS-11 is a stunning microphone but expensive.

My judgement on any personal mike is how easy is it to apply quickly and reliably!

mike

Mike, isn't the TL-40 more like the Cos-11 in appearance than a Tram or am I mistaking it for something else?

3 hours ago, Malcolm Davies Amps CAS said:

Mike, isn't the TL-40 more like the Cos-11 in appearance than a Tram or am I mistaking it for something else?

Yes the TL 40 looks like a COS 11 both being top loaders, it's the 801 & 802 that looks like a Tram being front loaders.

Yes, the OST TL-40  has the more typical end-address design, (round can shape). It's about the same diameter (4mm) as the Sanken but a little shorter. It has flatter response than the flat design OST 801 and 802,. The 801 has more of a presence peak, than the 802 and is usually recommended for hiding under clothes. All are an improvement over the ME2 which was/is usually included with a G2/3 bodypack system..