Eric Toline

Pictures up load problem

When I try to attach pictures to a posting I get the following notice: "There was a problem processing the up loaded file -200"  Tried on 2 different comps, same result.

There is a limit on  the size of attachments (not sure exactly what the setting is now) so that may be the problem you are having. Take a look at the size of the image you are trying to post and if it is large (high resolution, etc.) you could try re-sizing it and then attaching. That's all I can suggest at the moment. 

I didn't have any problem uploading a picture a couple days ago in the Magliner thread. It was a PNG file; about 200K or so is my guess. 

So like Jeff says, try a different format or more compression to get the size down.

1 hour ago, Jeff Wexler said:

There is a limit on  the size of attachments (not sure exactly what the setting is now) so that may be the problem you are having. Take a look at the size of the image you are trying to post and if it is large (high resolution, etc.) you could try re-sizing it and then attaching. That's all I can suggest at the moment. 

You're responding now to post I put up in December of last year? Why?

I was actually replying to someone named "syncsound" who posted a comment that followed your comment from 2014. I thought it was rather odd, a very old thread, but that's where he posted it.

I was searching the forum to see if anyone else had had the same problem and found a solution for it. I bumped Eric's thread (since he posted the actual error code) to see if it would get some attention. 

Side note: syncsound is Christian Dolan from Portland, OR. I also have a (neglected) blog called sync.sound.cinema where I used to write about sound for picture. :)

I'll try re-sizing and see what that buys me. Thanks!