osa

Signing out comteks

My bodypacks have "DIRECTOR," "PRODUCER," "SCRIPT" labeled with the rest numbered and with my info on them. 

While with most of the agency folks I deal with, trying to sign Comteks out would be like herding cats, a lot of these same folks are really cool about trying to return them to either their case or my cart.

The worst I've seen was on a national Chevy commercial -- night shoot -- exterior -- several agency denizens left them lying in the grass, in the dark, when we moved locations.  We still managed to locate all of them as some nice crew member alerted us to where he saw them abandoned.

But, lest we forget -- like in a lot of situations in life -- most folks are actually pretty considerate -- the others just demand more attention.

On 20/12/2017 at 3:14 AM, codyman said:

On narratives, I usually am able to keep tabs on who was given what # IFB, however losing two to an agency gig is not surprising at all.  I find when there's an agency on set, it's a game of "me too" where everyone seems to "need" an IFB even though half of them don't actually listen in and are too busy looking at their phones.  That being said, of course producers on those gigs always want to bend over backwards for anyone even remotely affiliated with the agency (which I get) so unfortunately it always ends up as a game of hide and seek with IFB's where the agency is given ten hours head start to try to "I put it down somewhere over there" and for you after a long day to try to find them all.

I like the term "Agency Bling"  for IFB units....

I work mostly in narrative as the utility. We keep names and numbers on them. We have 16, average day 5-6 go out to the regulars on their chairs, often gets muddled if I'm away wiring or on set booming and the mixer is being harassed for them when they call rolling so we implemented a sign out sheet again but that hasn't made them magically come home, led to a wild goose chase this week rather...When they don't come back after a week we file a loss and damage report and wait a month to get a new one...first three seasons only lost two total...as of today we've lost five in this season alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/20/2017 at 9:42 AM, Mobilemike said:

I'm wondering if tagging each Comtek unit with one of those RFID wallet/key finder things might be helpful. 

That was my immediate first thought when I opened this thread, that Comteks/IFBs would be the perfect candidate for RFID tracking.