camera link

newzhack

6 minutes ago, Philip Perkins said:

UM400 rocks for IFB TX--a good use for a TX that isn't worth a whole lot anymore and that Lectro won't re-freq, but is still very solid.

Trick is to snag a Block 25 one (they can be had cheap) because there's going to be a little bit of a frequency hole between the uplink/downlink of the cell transmitters in the 600mhz range here stateside.

On 12/28/2017 at 12:22 PM, Derek H said:

Haven't used it, sorry. The G3 works well enough for me and are pretty ubiquitous. You can pick them up used easily. They also make a nice IEM version with a headphone amp for using like an IFB.

+1

Love the combination of regular and IEM G3 units, the IEM units are especially flexible for both client headsets and camera hops.  Plus the used market is full of them and it's not such a pricey situation if the camera op or clients abuse them.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting the Sony's and haven't used them yet. I was preparing some cables for input and output and wanted to verify what I found with the two cables they sent me. 

The tip of the stereo connector is 2

the center part of the connector is 3

the upper sleeve is ground

The cable they sent me had the red cable on pin3 and the black on pin 2, that was kind of confusing. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2017 at 4:39 AM, codyman said:

I use a Lectrosonic IFBT4 as a transmitter for my IFB headsets and funny enough, a Sennheiser G3 can pick up a Lectrosonic IFB transmitter signal no problem / sounds great so I use that on cameras.  Two AA NiMH batteries in a G3 receiver on camera lasts 12 hours easy.

I was wandering around the forum in hope to find that exact information! Thanks!

I've been using R1a as cam hop but didn't like the not locking connector and the knob which i had to tape over to prevent accidental changes. Plus i had a couple problem lately to feed a healthy signal into line level input, especially on the Alexa mini.

I'll be testing this workflow tomorrow!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Ben B said:

Plus i had a couple problem lately to feed a healthy signal into line level input, especially on the Alexa mini.

I'll be testing this workflow tomorrow!

be aware that the G3 100 has a very low line level output as well, so a G3 IFB receiver might be the better choice if you need a hot output.

chris

17 hours ago, chrismedr said:

be aware that the G3 100 has a very low line level output as well, so a G3 IFB receiver might be the better choice if you need a hot output.

chris

G3 at +12db and the Alexa's preamp turned up a bit has yielded enough oomph when I send tone to match the level on my mixer's output.

19 hours ago, Dave Pullmer said:

How does this translate to fidelity with the G3 receiver being fed by a lectro tx? 

Same as using a G3 tx? 

I just tried with both of my setups. I have a 633 with an UM400 as IFB Tx and a G3 Rx. Sounded perfectly fine to me for a scratch track to the cam.

I also tried with my 688 and Lectro T1 Tx and G3 IEM Rx for the boom op. It sounded as good as when i used it with my G3 Tx.

I think i just found the perfect setup with this. I like the higher output power of the Lectro IFB Tx and the battery life of the G3 Rx.

• 2 weeks later...
  The standard Sony UWP-D11 kit is pretty similar in sizes to the G3 (& the same cost), but just generally all round a bit improved in the details (which is why I now own 5 UWP-D11 kits, and no G3 wireless at all, even though like everyone else I have used them many times in the past.)

One of the big benefits of the Sony UWP-D11 system if you work with Sony FS7/FS5/a7S/a7R/a6x00/etc cameras is you can use the smart shoe to run directly into the camera. Thus no fuss with wires or worrying about powering (and with the FS7 this taps into 3/4th audio channels, leaving the XLR inputs free for other uses). 

Sadly I've never used the dual receiver yet, but I'm constantly tempted to buy it myself! (there is a smartshoe adapter for the dual receiver as well: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1272753-REG/sony_smad_p3d_smadp3d_multi_interface_shoe_adapter.html/pageID/accessory )

So the UWP-11 does connect via the hot shoe to audio inputs? Because the description on B&H doesn't mention the hot shoe connection. The description for the URX-P03D does. 

Is it compatible with Lectro IFB transmitters a all?

Any hot shoe capability with the F5?

chris
Does anyone know if on the G3 IEM model you can disable the external gain knob? As someone pointed out, one of the nice things about G3 as hop vs Lectro R1A is "locking out" the gain.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk