North Korea microphone surplus.

Gerard-NYNY

On 1/2/2018 at 7:24 PM, Constantin said:

Even 7 mics are no good if you don’t screw a single capsule on (although I am still not sure if I am seeing this right). 

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431815151.232508.jpg

Those look to me like AKG D224e microphones.  Funny you should say the capsule thing because if I have identified them correctly then they actually each have TWO capsules each - one for low frequency and one for high frequency, along with a crossover to combine them into a full range signal.

https://martinmitchellsmicrophones.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/akg-d224e-circa-1970-the-best-dynamic-microphone-ever-made/

13 minutes ago, Matthew Steel said:

Those look to me like AKG D224e microphones.  Funny you should say the capsule thing because if I have identified them correctly then they actually each have TWO capsules each - one for low frequency and one for high frequency, along with a crossover to combine them into a full range signal.

https://martinmitchellsmicrophones.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/akg-d224e-circa-1970-the-best-dynamic-microphone-ever-made/

It does like the D224e, which does, indeed, have two capsules. However, both capsules are built in and they do not screw off.

5 minutes ago, Glen Trew said:

It does like the D224e, which does, indeed, have two capsules. However, both capsules are built in and they do not screw off.

Right.

I understood the phrase:

On 1/2/2018 at 7:24 PM, Constantin said:

Even 7 mics are no good if you don’t screw a single capsule on

to mean that it looked like the picture showed microphones intended to have screw on capsules, only they didn't put any on.  My (unimportant) point was that some mics that look like that actually have internal capsules, and two of them to boot.

3 hours ago, Matthew Steel said:

Oh yes, it does look like the AKG. Never knew that mic. Well, I did suspect I wasn’t seeing it right. 

• 2 months later...

In the mid 70's working in Malawi

I had to rig 3 microphones on a single stand for the President.

One for recording him on two Nagras, One for my huge PA setup

and one for the national broadcasting channel.

Three microphones? Oh well he was only an African President (and dictator)

I survived!

mike

It does politicians in my country too.

s_ice_screenshot_20160927-194537.jpg

Each microphone is connected to recorder of each broadcasting stations.

(I think it is a shabby way)
However, I only know Pyongyang Broadcasting for the North Korean broadcasting station.
So I really do not know what to set for.
If all the microphones are working, comb filter effect should occur.