Gerard-NYNY

North Korea microphone surplus.

Surround Sound setup or the sound guy is paranoid of getting shot for not being able to hear the supreme leader

They are probably local product and very unreliable!

So they feed them all into a 688 and put them on Dugan mix!

Happy new year

mike

Even 7 mics are no good if you don’t screw a single capsule on (although I am still not sure if I am seeing this right). 

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431815151.232508.jpg

On 1/2/2018 at 7:24 PM, Constantin said:

Even 7 mics are no good if you don’t screw a single capsule on (although I am still not sure if I am seeing this right). 

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431815151.232508.jpg

Those look to me like AKG D224e microphones.  Funny you should say the capsule thing because if I have identified them correctly then they actually each have TWO capsules each - one for low frequency and one for high frequency, along with a crossover to combine them into a full range signal.

https://martinmitchellsmicrophones.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/akg-d224e-circa-1970-the-best-dynamic-microphone-ever-made/

13 minutes ago, Matthew Steel said:

Those look to me like AKG D224e microphones.  Funny you should say the capsule thing because if I have identified them correctly then they actually each have TWO capsules each - one for low frequency and one for high frequency, along with a crossover to combine them into a full range signal.

https://martinmitchellsmicrophones.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/akg-d224e-circa-1970-the-best-dynamic-microphone-ever-made/

It does like the D224e, which does, indeed, have two capsules. However, both capsules are built in and they do not screw off.

5 minutes ago, Glen Trew said:

It does like the D224e, which does, indeed, have two capsules. However, both capsules are built in and they do not screw off.

Right.

I understood the phrase:

On 1/2/2018 at 7:24 PM, Constantin said:

Even 7 mics are no good if you don’t screw a single capsule on

to mean that it looked like the picture showed microphones intended to have screw on capsules, only they didn't put any on.  My (unimportant) point was that some mics that look like that actually have internal capsules, and two of them to boot.

On 1/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, Gerard-NYNY said:

WTF

Screenshot-2018-1-1 Kim Jong Un offers olive branch to South .png

Those look like some Beyerdynamic 201s. That wouldn't be my first or 7th choice for the dear leader. Maybe the sound guy is in a band, and wanted to mic some drums after the gig.

3 hours ago, Matthew Steel said:

Oh yes, it does look like the AKG. Never knew that mic. Well, I did suspect I wasn’t seeing it right. 

The more mics you have, the more important you are!

If the five star general has five mics, then god forbid if our dear leader has ever less than six, better make it seven to be safe! (can't do any more than seven, as that all the mics we have in North Korea)