View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

I would love to live in Manhattan and have a Capybara as a house pet. Can you imagine taking what looks like a 75 pound rat for a walk on a leash in Central Park?

Hahaha! And it's five times the size of some of these little lap dogs you see around Brooklyn and Manhattan. Sometimes I play a game I call: Dog or Rat?

I've been fooled more than a few times.

The Wiz Musical @ Cupertino High School, CA

Helping out a friend here, who is the A1 of the show, as well as 3 other junior high students assisting in the sound department. 1 of the student is helping with the 12-14 hanging mics, playback, and effects, and the other 2 are backstage swapping coordinating packs. 2 full-size Lectro Venues w/ 2 Sennheiser G3 handhelds all shared between about 24 speaking lines, 42/43 cast members. RFVenue Diversity Fin was the highlight during tech as everybody was wondering where our antennas were located!

Yours truly,

A2 RF Engineer

post-607-0-67347200-1333099064.jpg

Did a shoot yesterday at the Chrysler proving grounds with Wil Masisak(fellow sound mixer). Travis Pastrana was there for a photo shoot, but then he got into his new 600whp/550ft/lbs AWD Dodge Dart rally car, and the fun began. Got some really cool heli-shots and some nice slow-mo with a Phantam HD Gold. Of course, we captured some pretty awesome sounds..

imag0013sd.jpg

Very neat Alan, glad David had you there to help

He and the rest of the production crew needed as much help as possible and heading up the wireless department eases a lot of stress off the mixer's job while he concentrates on the show. In the past I was never given the opportunity to have an A2 on my shows and knew how that felt lesson me to always stretch a helping hand regardless of the challenges. Turns out that literally everybody was asking everyday if I was going to be here the following day. I assured David that this year we're bringing Broadway quality into a jr. high environment because both the directors including Dave himself are done with their previous wireless competitors. Volunteering always has its payoff and it's rewarding, haha. Thanks to you and Bob K for the intro.

I guess I will call this my April Fools joke. I'm old, (60), but not that old. Eric T isn't even that old. I thought by the equipment and all that that would be more apparent than it seems be. That is an old Technicolor camera housed in a giant blimp. I have no idea about the mic, but the roller on the stand has been around from then till now. I love this picture and I do wish I was there but that is some other boom man. The film is "Cobra Woman" staring Maria Montez. I have never seen this film, but it looks classic in a camp sorta way.

CrewC, (prankster.)

Me booming at the beginning of my career.

CrewC

When I grow up, I want to be you.

Edit:

I guess I will call this my April Fools joke. I'm old, (60), but not that old. Eric T isn't even that old. I thought by the equipment and all that that would be more apparent than it seems be. That is an old Technicolor camera housed in a giant blimp. I have no idea about the mic, but the roller on the stand has been around from then till now. I love this picture and I do wish I was there but that is some other boom man. The film is "Cobra Woman" staring Maria Montez. I have never seen this film, but it looks classic in a camp sorta way.

CrewC, (prankster.)

My statement still holds true, but 60 isn't "old". It's more like.... experienced.