View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent the last 4 days in the company of a large group of fabu players as we recorded Palle Dahlstedt and PerAnders Nilsson's "Dynamic Triads" and "Pencil Sketches" for instruments, electronics and live signal processing, hosted by Gino Robair. Here are a small subset of the players, including Palle Dahlstedt, Per Anders Nilsson, Dana Jesson, Tim Perkis and Gino Robair, with mon ami Will Blase in the foreground trying to keep up with the notes. One of the more complex record/monitor situations I've done, involving 24 chan of recording and the routing of a constantly changing matrix of the player's audio to and from a Nord G2 for processing, then on to the various monitors scattered around the room. The monitors became 4 more "players" in the piece. Challenging, in such a live room, but the performances were amazing.

philp

post-17-0-53136600-1358899430_thumb.jpg

Wow! You get all the interesting, and challenging, jobs. You're lucky you get to do so much music and performances.

Not all but a few now and again. The best compliment I got from the players on this one was "If you were in New York you'd work all the time.", I guess doing similarly oddball music recordings. I sort of doubt that would be true, but it's a nice fantasy!

philp

Philip: Those photo's totally make me miss my time working with both La Monte Young and Alan Lomax (talk about an education!).

Cloud: That is an AMAZING photograph! Both intriguing and disturbing. Look at the emotion in those eyes.. the mouth!... The protective clench of the arms! Honestly and truly, 1,000 words. Age and youth both photograph so well.

The depth of field and focal plane couldn't be better. nicely done.

Cloud: That is an AMAZING photograph! Both intriguing and disturbing. Look at the emotion in those eyes.. the mouth!... The protective clench of the arms! Honestly and truly, 1,000 words. Age and youth both photograph so well.

The depth of field and focal plane couldn't be better. nicely done.

thank you Wyatt for your words,he is a true legend,was great that i can spent two and half weeks with him, Sir David Attenborough 

Why the mini-Orange amp?

when trying to find the right speaker for my cart I first went with fostex rack mounted system but I didn't have enough space left in my rack to support it without removing my drawer. Since that wasn't going to happen I started to look for alternatives. The Orange isn't permanently affixed but the audio quality I get from it is fantastic. However, I may find something else in the future and use the amp for what it was meant