View From The Office:

Philip Perkins

On 7/19/2016 at 0:42 PM, Philip Perkins said:

Based on yr pic they have you sitting on the floor behind the driver's seat.  Don't let them squish you!  We get the views we get. right?

Good call. And yeah, we get the views: A day of lovely hood mount pick up shots. Didn't want to return to that day, but the light didn't match with the master shot. Ugh. 95 degrees. Pouring rain. Steamy sun. Then pouring rain again. Then unholy humidity. Glad it was a big ol' Buick LeSabre, and not something smaller. But it represented a chance to do that audio over, and I got it better this time, despite the circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Onstage recording a new piece for piano, oboe, cello and electronics.  Very interesting and unusual tuning for the somewhat oddball Grotrian piano, fairly complex but very tasteful electronic support for some of the most interesting melodic interaction I've recorded lately.  This was also the shakedown for a new rack-rig, trying to keep the size and setup time down and the track count up.  Dynasonic 1U8M pre+mixer's first gig with me, I think I'll get a 2nd one for JoeCo feeding.  (Dynasonic, the last USA heroes of analog.)   I worked up some EDAC connector harnesses for the snake>rack hookups, since this is a 3 day deal and the racks couldn't stay out in the recording area overnight.  Friday rush hour traffic held me up getting to the hall yesterday--and being able to roll out and plug in 26 tracks with just 2 EDACs saved my ass--time and $ well spent sez me. 

obelisk.jpg

Thanks R C....   Only MD thinks she walks on water;~). It is just the angle of the light. And I jack the shots in iPhoto a bit.  Dryer than dry out there. In 4 days I drank more than 100 bottles of water plus plenty of Gatorade... Not much can live out there. Terrible place for people and gear, but great for photos.

CrewC

51 minutes ago, Rachel Cameron said:

Yeah, the cars got smaller, but I fit anyway, through some act of contortion.  

The view today is of a rainy Sarasota afternoon...from a utility room. It's cramped, but I'm finally back at my cart w/boom a op deployed. 

image.jpeg

And your personal fan club...glad they finished those car shots....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...