Comtek PR-216 1/8 inch plug wiring

Jim Rillie

I have a bad PR-216 output cable at the mini phone connector, just wondering about wiring, because it is a sealed connector. The XLR end of the cable has resistors and a small capacitor siliconed in. Just wondering if replacing this connector is possible - would like to use a Neutrix right angle mini-phone.

I'll also contact Comtek on this and spread the word when a response is received.

Jim Rillie

This sounds like you're talking about a Comtek input cable (for an M216 transmitter) which has a built-in filter.  Comtek support can, indeed, shed more light on this and will even send you schematics of the cables.

The PR216 (receiver) output is a mini TRS with the T & R wired out of phase.  This is the shortcut method Comtek uses to make a mono output compatible for either a three connector or two conductor plug.

When used with stereo headphones, many folks (I'm one of them) don't like this out-of-phase effect you get between ears and, therefore, wire my Comtek headphones with a two conductor (TS) plug.

Hello John,

Love the jet  powered porta potty, or whatever it is.

This cable is a Comtek output cable (with the same choke on the cable as the one you refer to) with a  mini TRS connector at the receiver end, and a male XLR at the other end to feed a line input

The Option 7 receiver puts out up to +15 dB according to the specs. 

Jim