Emory Murchison

MixPre 10t output level

Has anybody figured out the reference output level of the new MixPre series mixers? It says max output is +7.8dBu, but does that correspond to 0DBFS?

Hooking up line level to a camera doesn't seem to work because the level is quite low. How are you folks doing it?

Emory

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Which camera are you referring to ?

Sony f5.
But I tried also feeding tone into my 302 set to line and I also had to almost max out the gain to get 0dBu.
After a few experiments I figured out that the x1x2 output is an exact level match for the tape out/mix in on the 302. From the specs I'm guessing the main LR out has the same level.

I was really hoping to fall in love with this unit but sofar not so much. Also no level meter when adjusting gain! Yikes.

Hmmmm, maybe post on the Sound Devices Facebook page for further clarification........... +7.8dBu Max Output does seem low, the 633 for example has Max Output (Line Level) at +20dBu.

On 15/01/2018 at 4:57 AM, Emory Murchison said:

Sony f5.
But I tried also feeding tone into my 302 set to line and I also had to almost max out the gain to get 0dBu.
After a few experiments I figured out that the x1x2 output is an exact level match for the tape out/mix in on the 302. From the specs I'm guessing the main LR out has the same level.

I was really hoping to fall in love with this unit but sofar not so much. Also no level meter when adjusting gain! Yikes.

I don't think it is an accident that it only outputs Tape Level.