Grant

Light weight audio cable in various jacket colors

Is anyone aware of low diameter, light weight audio cable (similar to Canare L2-E5) that is available in an array of colors? Application is for field audio kits - I'm building multiple cable sets, and want audio cables coded by color-for-length, so that crew members can quickly adapt to each setup.

I'm finding color variety with 'standard' diameter cable, such as the quad L4-E5C, but in the smaller-dimensioned cable, black only.

Thanks - Grant.

Why not use coloured heatshrink next to the connectors for length or coloured rings on connectors? That's what I've seen in live concert applications and it's worked like a charm.

I like using black cable (less visible in public performance or plants) with coloured rings for input ID and coloured heat shrink/strain relief for length ID.

Thanks everyone. I've settled on the Canare L-4E5C, with OD = 4.8 mm. Should work fine, plenty of colors available.

The reason for the cable outer jacket being a certain color is that it's very quickly recognizable for fast work, repeated setups. Even with the cable partly covered by other gear, we'll know exactly which one to go for.

Cheers - Grant.

Slightly off topic but I've never used black cables, colors only. Reason is when Wrap was called I picked up every rainbow colored cable and I was done.

6 hours ago, Eric Toline said:

Slightly off topic but I've never used black cables, colors only. Reason is when Wrap was called I picked up every rainbow colored cable and I was done.

I've always used green or blue cables for this reason. Then one of the local shops started making all their BNC cables blue or green that every camera monkey had. Now it's rare that I use a cable.

Helpful also when you and 20 newsshooters are plugged to a press distribution box and you have to leave first :-)