Bringing 2 Wisycom MCR42 together

Ohrenzeuge

Hallo everyone,

i got two different Wisycom SetUps consisting of

A: Wisycom MCR42S + 2x MTP40S (470-700 MHz)

B: Wisycom MCR42 + 2x MTP41 (566-798MHz)

I want to use them together intermod free in the same Group/TV CHannel but noticed that their frequency plans slightly differ from oneanother (See pictures attached).

How can that be and can I just go and change that frequency layout from one reciever to match it to the other without getting intermodulation problems?

Thanks!

B:

MCR42 566-798MHz.jpg

A:

MCR42S 470-700MHz.jpg

http://www.wisycom.com/www3/products/category/programmers

I assume you need a UPK (mini) to align your two units, or send one back to get back to a dealer or mothership to get the same plan. 

In addition, on the receiver if there are open gr/ch , you could manually set the ch to be same as another. 

3 hours ago, hiro nakamura said:

http://www.wisycom.com/www3/products/category/programmers

I assume you need a UPK (mini) to align your two units, or send one back to get back to a dealer or mothership to get the same plan. 

In addition, on the receiver if there are open gr/ch , you could manually set the ch to be same as another. 

I have a UPK mini and modifying the plans is not the problem. I just assumed that these plans are made in that way for a reason.

I already went ahead and aligned both recievers and used the freqfinder that Constantin suggested to look for intermod problems. So far there weren´t any. But I only checked randomly.

I was just a bit puzzled why Wisycom would have two different layouts in two Recievers for the same TV Channel. Especcially since they both run on the same firmware version. My guess is that one is just much older than the other and Wisycom came up with a better working list in between. But I would like to know for shure. Thats just the way I am ;)

It’s like all the sennheiser 3000 series. Lots of transmitters are on different frequency plan but in same TV channel.

I assume their idea is to have planty frequency options when lots lots wireless working in the same environment, with different owners or big opera show etc. 

I did talk to wsiycom about the frequency plan. They mentioned the previous version is on different plan. 

For the two you have, I don’t really think it’s avoiding intermod purpose. They seemed just had different frequency plan.

Hiro

I have to say, having demo’ed a set of Wisycoms a few years ago I found I much preferred the Lectrosonics and Zaxcom default approach of “just pick any damn freq you want and coordination is the operator’s responsibility”. I much prefer figuring out an RF coordination on my own rather than have a baked-in frequency plan restricting what freqs you choose. Or in the Wisycom’s case it won’t even scan frequencies not in it’s current programmed plan. 

Maybe they’ve changed that since I tried them last but I didn’t like it. 

Let’s say you’re at an event and need to tune into another mixer’s  transmitter or share a few frequencies for some reason. Being locked into a closed system is no good. Being able to reprogram with a dongle and Windows PC does not help you in the field. 

19 hours ago, Derek H said:

Let’s say you’re at an event and need to tune into another mixer’s  transmitter or share a few frequencies for some reason. Being locked into a closed system is no good. Being able to reprogram with a dongle and Windows PC does not help you in the field. 

Technically, there are open full frequency channels for self-tuning. you can sync other transmitters ( sen, evo etc.) from those channels. and you could save those frequencies on that channel as well. They got that open freq channel since the beginning. 

8 hours ago, Derek H said:

Hi Hiro, 

Thats good to know. When I tried them that was not obvious to me. Certainly it seemed that Wisycom intends for you to stick with their group programming most of the time. 

Totally agreed!  That wasn’t obvious to me at all too. I struggled quite a bit at the beginning when I got them on my hands. Like the first time I got my Nomad and QRX100 stuff. Massive confusion... at the beginning.

Well Wisycom has not a fixed frequency plan.

The full memory of 40 group by 60 frequency is fully programmable.

For instance you can make your own preferred setup by area or zipcode.

Any group/channel can be left open, lock or just hidden, to do this you must have a programmer or a usb/serial cable if you have a superslot flange.

With this and the Manager Sw you can also use the receiver as spectrum analyser and coordinate intermod free frequencies.

In any case not all channel are pre-programmed and lock. Higher groups are usually open so you can put manually the frequency you want.

Hope that explain a bit more the philosophy ... of course there is always room to improve and suggestions.

/max