thenannymoh

recommendations for double-sided tape for plastic mounts

I'm using the plastic DPA concealer lav mounts, and occasionally the InvisiLav mounts for the cos-11s.  I'm looking for double-sided tape of equivalent quality to the stock circles that come with the DPA concealers, but in larger amounts that I can cut and customize myself.  Anyone find anything like this in rolls or sheets?    I already have and use snot tape for other purposes, but was looking for something less gooey :)

Thanks!

I don't know what the DPA concealer mounts come with, but would Rycote Stickies work? or Top stick? Those are what I have been using  for years, depending on the wardrobe, etc.

Yes, I use Rycote stickies as well. The original version works just fine. 

However, as you wanted something customizable, at the moment I can only think of topstick that comes in differently variations, including a fairly wide type. 

I 2nd TOPSTICK, easy to cut -or even rip. And very affordable. I like the Rycote stickies, but only whenever I use the Rycote  OverCovers. Ialways have a few Concealers pre “sticky” then just peel the back off and go. And you can even re- stick more Topstick on top of itself in a pinch and its ready to go. 

3722D452-927A-4315-A87A-C6CC9AE592A3.jpeg

Here is a link to a lot of mounting options, including sticky things: https://www.trewaudio.com/product-category/expendables/expendables-lavalier-accessories/?q=product-category%2Fexpendables%2Fexpendables-lavalier-accessories%2F&products-per-page=48

Also, there is an item not listed above (may be it will be by the time you read this), that is worth knowing about, called "Super Stick It" and Super Stick It Dots" (photo of package below), also stocked at Trew Audio. This item is like Top Stick, but much stickier. It comes in precut strips like Top Stick, but also in round dots. 

super stick it.jpg