Linking 2x Mix Pre 10Ts

daniel

Any one tried linking 2 of MixPre 10Ts? For a 20 track system.

I need to record 20 I/Ps, was looking at a Joe co - BBR solution but I like the idea of using 2 of these SD boxes not least as it'll halve the number of cases I'll have to schlep through the airports. No cameras involved in this 1 but wondering about using the Word Clock facility of these recorders (over the TC facility?) and the limitations of the USB mirroring. The client wants mono wavs, which by the looks of the manual I'll have to do in Wave Agent?

You will want to hook up both word clock and timecode. Probably best to send to both units from an external sync box since it looks like you will only have one BNC port to work with (which should be used for word clock), and will have to input timecode through the Aux In port. 

-Mike

Yes, I wondered how having a single BNC I/P would work impact the plan. Problem is I need the Aux I/P. Can I jam the slave recorder to the other, then unplug TC cable and repurpose the input for audio? Perhaps I could do this with the BNC, first jam 1 recorder to the others Free Run, then repurpose the BNC for WC?

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Yes, I wondered how having a single BNC I/P would work impact the plan. Problem is I need the Aux I/P. Can I jam the slave recorder to the other, then unplug TC cable and repurpose the input for audio? Perhaps I could do this with the BNC, first jam 1 recorder to the others Free Run, then repurpose the BNC for WC?

I don't see why this wouldn't work, normal caveats about re-jamming apply of course. 

-Mike