Jeff Wexler

RIP - Chinhda Khommarath

Re-posting from LA Sound Mixer's post:

"The LA Sound Mixers is mourning the passing of master sound cart builder, Chinhda Khommarath who passed away in his home yesterday. Chinhda's ideas and craftsmanship set a benchmark for sound cart builders everywhere. He will be missed by many."

Chinhda Khommarath .jpg

Almost everyone knows of Chinhda from his amazing carts --- fewer knew the man, just as amazing as his creations. Truly elevated the importance of the sound cart.

• Like 1

A gifted cart designer and an inspiration to us all. I’ve regrettably never had the pleasure of seeing one of his carts in person but his reputation for attention to detail and expertise preceded him.

My condolences to his family and friends. 

How very, very, sad..... I had great times with my Chinhda cart - it absolutely changed the way I worked. He was a very clever engineer indeed.

Had he been ill? This has come somewhat out of the blue for me.

RIP Chinhda...... sb

I had the honor to spend time with Chinhda Khommararath at his shop in North Hollywood a few years ago .   He was truly a unique and talented individual in addition to a patient and a master craftsman.   I enjoyed talking to him about his past work and experiences in life.   Our professional world benefitted greatly from his innovations and creativity.

I wish his family the best.

Sincerely,

Tony Salgado

Digital Imaging Technician

Los Angeles, CA