96khz to 48khz converter

Tone1k

Hi all, 

First post here and what a great resource this site is! 

I've done a search but can't seem to come up with much at all on my issue. 

So, I accidentally recorded an interview for a documentary yesterday at 24bit/96khz instead of 48khz. I'm about to hand over the files to the production company and was thinking I'd like to convert all the clips to 48khz to make their life easier in post (Avid MC) and preserve my reputation (I'm a relative newb to the audio side of things) with the post facility/producers by not making things harder for them than they need to be. 

My question is, is it worth doing or am I worrying about nothing?  If it is worth doing , what software is out there that will do the job while also also preserving all other aspects of the file such as TC, Metadata, file names etc....? 

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you can live with HQ downsampling and stripping the BEXT / iXML metadata, Sox can do this just as well.
I've made a simple Automator app that does this. (Assuming you have Sox in your Applications folder.)
Get Sox here:
download SOX

Then, unzip and place Sox into your applications folder.

get the downconvert app here

Unzip, place the app 'somewhere', and drop Wave files on it.
The params as set are good for downconverting, but the app. will eat anything .wav and make it 48K
(Oh, it's free, my work was just a few lines to automate, the real work is done by the nice people who make Sox.)

hth,

Bouke

• 3 weeks later...