sinnlicht

Zaxcom STA042 accept spdif 75 ohm Signal?

Hi All, 

Having read previous entries I understand that the Zaxcom STA042 is actually AES 032 device expecting a 110ohm signal. Does anyone know whether it will work error free with a 75 ohm spdif signal (source here is a sd usbpre2)? 

If a 110 ohm signal is necessary, will a simple Neutrik NADITBNC-MX 75 Ohm BNC F To 110 Ohm XLR M Adapter do the trick, or is an active sdpif-aes adapter necessary?

I called Zaxcom and they did not have any experience with this. 

Thanks

RL

5 hours ago, sinnlicht said:

Hi All, 

Having read previous entries I understand that the Zaxcom STA042 is actually AES 032 device expecting a 100ohm signal. Does anyone know whether it will work error free with a 75 ohm spdif signal (source here is a sd usbpre2)? 

If a 110 ohm signal is necessary, will a simple Neutrik NADITBNC-MX 75 Ohm BNC F To 110 Ohm XLR M Adapter do the trick, or is an active sdpif-aes adapter necessary?

Thanks

RL

Hello,  You may have one the hardest question of the year award. 

Sincerely,  Martin 

5 hours ago, sinnlicht said:

Hi All, 

Having read previous entries I understand that the Zaxcom STA042 is actually AES 032 device expecting a 100ohm signal. Does anyone know whether it will work error free with a 75 ohm spdif signal (source here is a sd usbpre2)? 

Thanks

RL

Hello,  You may have one the hardest question of the year award. 

Sincerely,  Martin 

On 1/3/2018 at 5:27 PM, sinnlicht said:

Hi All, 

Thanks

RL

Just the transformer usually is enough, but http://www.rane.com/note149.html

Since this is none standard I can see my staff not knowing.  If you simply go through a balancing transformer it will work.

Glenn 

Dear Glenn, while I have your attention, could you post a link to the latest firmware update for the ZFR 100, I could not find it on the website? Thanks RL

Shouldn't any TRX 900 software work for it. The zfr didn't have the 7.30 crossover  issue no rf board so  what ever the latest 9.86 should work. 

Screenshot_2018-03-03-15-13-58.png

Firmware updated successfully, thanks for the help! Below the finished project:

Ad-hoc 2-channel TC system with usb-pre2, sta042, zfr100, timecode buddy wifi master, and BDS, with NiMH battery pack. 

IMG_0807.JPG