Ready to work, Atlanta

Hey everyone,

My name is Tim Camey and I have just moved to the Atlanta area and am really looking forward to working in the production audio world. I graduated from SCAD in 2015 with a BFA in Sound Design and a focus in production audio and game sound design. I have spent the better part of the last three years working in my hometown of Springfield, Missouri as a cassette mastering engineer at the National Audio Company. Now that I have some savings under my belt and some starter equipment I am looking to start working as a sound utility or as a boom op as soon as I can so that I can become a part of the Atlanta film making community!

Feel free to check out my website, PM me on here or email me if you need any help!

www.timcamey.com

tcamey20@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, Tim!

I took a glance at your website, and it seems nicely laid out and has a nice, clean presentation. If I could offer some constructive criticism I would say to go through it again and be extra careful spellchecking and proofreading all of your content. I know this probably doesn’t bug everybody like it does me, but for me, seeing spelling errors, capitalization errors, punctuation errors, etc., on someone’s website does turn me off from wanting to work with them. 

Good luck!

-Mike

+1 Mike's advice.

For instance, in the below-quoted statement, you list three devices and make it appear you're not very familiar with any of them by getting all three names wrong. 

"Hardware: Zaxx Maxx recorder, Sound Device recorders, Digi design mixing boards, Studio recording for voice, effects and music"

In our industry, details matter. 

Short for Zaxcom would be "Zax," "Sound Devices" has more than one device, and the former company "Digidesign" was absorbed into Avid a long time ago and Avid's flagship sound products are under the name "Pro Tools."

Then, there are the structural mistakes.  Note, for instance, that "Studio recording for voice, effects and music" is a completely separate item from a hardware list, so shouldn't be part of that sentence.

Yes, tough room, but it's your reputation at risk.

2 hours ago, John Blankenship said:

Then, there are the structural mistakes.  Note, for instance, that "Studio recording for voice, effects and music" is a completely separate item from a hardware list, so shouldn't be part of that sentence.

I suspect he meant Recording studio for voice, etc. 

that way it‘d still be a hardware thing

Thank you all for the feedback, I would much rather be corrected and learn from it instead of continuing on in ignorance. I had originally made the website while attempting to find work in a much wider field of sound work. Now that I have decided to focus more intently on production I decided to go ahead and remove that category.  The whole "about me" section was in need of some adjustment regardless since making the move.