SONA Dutch translation please?

SONA

This might be the most ridiculous translation request ever on a "professional" user group BUT it isn't coming up on bollocks.translate or 'tother obvious tries. I expect it means - or is short for something meaning - SOUND, but I would love to know for sure what a Dutch recordist (several decades ago) labelling (excellent) tracks actually meant by SONA. BTW (sic) there are a few abbreviations in labelling and those there are are obvious.

I just want to be sure I'm not mistranslating a bunch of FX / wild tracks.

I've done this a lot with French (and know my way around GP for instance) but I'm hoping a Dutch friend here might set my mind at rest why SONA fails to translate easily with online CRAP

Cheers! Jez

SONA doesn't mean anything in Dutch, nor is it used as an abbreviation... So cannot help you out. Maybe the "subject" of the recording tells something about SONA? A specific location?

Maybe contact the recordist? Or is "several decades" really to much decades ago...

Tim, thanks, you probably answered the question for me. I guess it's a location (in Papua New Guinea) - I reckoned all the other 'non-translatable' repeated words in the listings were locations but I never thought it for SONA - partly because of it being so close to 'sound' as a word and because I'm very familiar in abbreviations ( I share a lot of FX with fellow French, Swedish and Danish editors for instance). It was never an 'issue' to know the answer for sure but assuming it's a location is good for me until I eventually need to check details with the director (who's an anthropologist).

Many thanks and cheers! Jez Adamson