osa

DPA 4063's in high wind

On a show using a combo of sanken 11d's and 4063's mostly outside.  Mics hidden button down shirts etc. where fabric layers are working to my advantage, but high winds in later afternoons flairing up and hiting 4063s hard. The sankens i am using the larger high wind screens the size of a marble with great success wrapped tight in makeup sponge moleskin combos. New to dpa's and not having equal success with my available accessories. Is there a dpa equiv windscreen non foam but rigid metal like the sanken i am possibly overlooking?  Considering trying to modify one of these sanken high wind screens to fit a dpa grill cap and testing that as an option

-Ken

Try using one of the "Rycote little furry disc windshields" stick ons using the Rycote sticky....  These work really well and can help out a lot depending on the mounting options available..  You can cut these down a bit if need be..

I second the Bubblebees. I’ve had a talent on a boat, facing into the wind, full dialogue with great success. Also, good success with the Rycote furry too. 

Bingo i have these rycotes at home will experiment for the next outing. Will also look at the bubble bees. Thanks guys great tips

-Ken