Breakaway Cable/ Snake Assembly For MixPre 10T (& SD 302)

Dave

Hi All,

Still gathering assorted gear for my small doc kit bag. Would anyone have any suggestions about breakaway cable assemblies that would do double duty for a MixPre 10T and also a Sound Devices 302 mixer?

This is what I've been looking at :  https://www.trewaudio.com/product/remote-audio-cabetasd633/

The MixPre 10T  trimecode connection is BNC in/out - can I adapt the Lemo to BNC as needed?   I believe I read on the B&H website that the BNC timecode part of the cable assembly only transmits one direction - is this correct?

If anyone in Toronto might be considering selling a breakaway cable assembly, please feel free to PM.

Thanks very much, as always.

Best Regards,

Dave

Remote-06.jpg

Yes that's correct. The TC direction depends on how the 5 pin lemo is wired. It can be wired for TC out or TC in or IN & Out depending on what  it's being connected to. In the picture the Lemo is at the input end (female xlr's) of the snake which says the TC signal is from the Lemo to the BNC at the output end (male XLR's). While wiring a BNC is fairly easy, wiring a 5 pin lemo correctly can make you crazy if you've never done it before.  Be sure if you buy that snake you specify what TC connector goes on which end.