Lercto SRc TXBAT questions

alenK

Hello,

I read some threads about the SR series TXBAT function and most of the discussions seemed to focus on the confusion related to the wide variety of rechargeable batteries that are used.

I am trying to figure out if I can use the indicators with disposable premium Akaline batteries (Energizer and Duracell) and or Lithium batteries such as the Energizer.

With Premium Alkalines AA batteries, and the AA meter choice, a brand new battery seems to be reported as done after a very short while but it lasts much longer. I have noticed that when using the 9V TXBAT setting the indicators seem to correlate with premium Alkaline AA discharge rates. I can't imagine why a 9V reference seems more accurate when using the AA Akaline batteries.

I generally change batteries using my instinct timer and am probably a bit conservative and wasteful, so I would like to learn if I can learn to rely on the indicators. 

Can anyone share any thoughts?

Thank you.

The AA battery indicators are based on the Eveready  AA's  and reflect the voltage curves exhibited by that brand.   There are some improved chemistry AA batteries out now such as the Duracell Quantum Alkalines that are quite a bit different.  So, my recommendation is to buy batteries in bulk, test the curve on the first set of batteries and adjust your interpretations of the meters accordingly for that batch - batteries are getting more different by the day.  We can't keep up with all the brands and they don't behave the same.

For what it is worth, we have just finished a firmware update for the SRC that adds the SSM LB50 battery to the list for monitoring purposes so you don;t have to use the timer.  Watch our website for the new version to be posted.  Version 1.20 

Edited by Gordonmoore1
correction