sonyslave

Bling your kit

11 minutes ago, mikewest said:

You must be earning too much!

mike

If you are talking about the Schoeps, the colouring is not actually all that expensive. 

When I cough up the money for some MK41's, I might as well get them in a nice colour. :D

How about chrome plated concealers? Purple cables with gold connectors?

sapgx_purple_1_1000_jpg.jpg

From Neutrik's description:

Fancy, noble, valuable, attractive - the crystalCON connectors made with Swarovski crystals are eye catchers.

That's awesome! Maybe those were made for the Eurovision Song Contest, April Fools, a particular artist, or something like that. Or maybe lots of people want them?

Anyway, I've chatted with the Neutrik engineers/designers at a couple of trade shows. I had some questions about something, and they totally dug pictures of a crappy/oddball right-angle mod I'd done to one of their XLRM connectors. A nice bunch of people who clearly love their jobs and coming up with useful products. And occasionally products like crystalCON.

28 minutes ago, Jim Feeley said:

Anyway, I've chatted with the Neutrik engineers/designers at a couple of trade shows. I had some questions about something, and they totally dug pictures of a crappy/oddball right-angle mod I'd done to one of their XLRM connectors. A nice bunch of people who clearly love their jobs and coming up with useful products. And occasionally products like crystalCON.

I'd love to see a Neutrik-made low profile XLR connector! The right-angle connectors they make right now aren't the greatest for booming use, since they may rattle a bit unless you adjust the angle slightly, not to mention how heavy they seem.