I am interested in a Fostex DV824 forum.

Guest tourtelot

Guest tourtelot

I know that there are other mixers who are using this machine.  Mine is now fully integrated into my system although I have yet to record a picture with it.  The next project will be the "acid test."  But I am finding some, let's say, peculiaities, with the machine; some of which I have come up with good work-arounds for and other that still have me a bit baffled.  I would like to have a forum, either here if Jeff thinks it has merit, or somewhere else where the growing number of on-set users, and the post folks who handle the DVD-RAMs from these recorders could talk about potential issues before they ruin an otherwise perfectly good catered breakfast.  Anyone else?

To be specific, I am having trouble finding the best way to transfer the tracks from my 744T to the HDD on the DV824.  There is no way at this time, via USB/Firewire and the FTP method is flakey at best.  Could be me of course, but would love to speak to anyone who has discovered an elegant solution for file transfers.

D.

I would like to have a forum, either here if Jeff thinks it has merit, or somewhere else where the growing number of on-set users, and the post folks who handle the DVD-RAMs from these recorders could talk about potential issues before they ruin an otherwise perfectly good catered breakfast.  Anyone else?    D.

I don't think use of the Fostex DV824 warrants its own user forum, certainly not here, but I think it is totally appropriate and valuable for all of us if users of that machine wish to discuss it here. I am sure someone, possibly even Fostex, has put up some sort of user group or forum which could be the place where you might discuss with others, specific problems, peculiarities of the machine, in a more direct manner.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Guest tourtelot

Fostex's forum, in a word, suck!  Bunches of project studio weeinies (no offence intended to any weenies on the group). I think that the motion picture users are fairly small in Fostex's eyes (although Rick C has been VERY responsive) and their forums seem to echo their user base.

I don't necessarily want to communicate with one or two users (although I do, of course) but star a group discussion with a lot of users.

D.