Maybe stolen gear on ebay

Tonmicha

Found this on german ebay now for the second time, same set and same odd price. It says it was used only for one feature film and is like new and located in italy. No pickup possible just delivery! 

That, and the odd price, sounds a bit strange to me. Is there anybody missing a set like this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192493523892

2 hours ago, Mobilemike said:

It s a surprisingly low price. 

The seller seems to have a decent amount of feedback though, going all the way back to 2001. Not saying thats proof of innocence, but I would expect somebody fencing stolen gear to have much less of an eBay history. 

-Mike

Yes, he or she is a member since 2001, but has no ratings. That is one more thing that is kind of strange. But i dont want to judge anyone, it just took my attention and i want to share it in case of some members recognized their stuff. 

47 minutes ago, Tonmicha said:

Yes, he or she is a member since 2001, but has no ratings. That is one more thing that is kind of strange. But i dont want to judge anyone, it just took my attention and i want to share it in case of some members recognized their stuff. 

Well, the seller does have 85 ratings. Positive or not I don’t know. Just didn’t have any in the past 12 months, which is why you can’t read them. They might have more than 85 completed sales though, the 85 only counts the number of feedbacks. 

But the customers may even have been happy. The seller could be a brilliant Ebayer, but a really bad gear buyer. 

The seller is also listed as based in the US, but the gear ships from Italy. Definitely fishy. 

Anyway, they‘ve pulled the auction already. So if anyone was out for a bargain...

7 minutes ago, Mungo said:

Strange. This auction has ended for 1.250 € which is quite low for this combo. Just one of the Schoeps is worth more than that, even used.

But no doubt this is an original Sound Devices cardboard box.

I don't think the auction has ended regulary, I think it got cancelled. For whatever reason.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:16 AM, Mobilemike said:

It s a surprisingly low price. 

The seller seems to have a decent amount of feedback though, going all the way back to 2001. Not saying thats proof of innocence, but I would expect somebody fencing stolen gear to have much less of an eBay history. 

-Mike

Sometimes scammers hijack a person's account, which has years of good feedback, and then they use their ebay account to list fraudulent listings (with the ultimate goal to get the transaction done off site). 

On 3/30/2018 at 3:00 AM, Tonmicha said:

Yesterday it was deleted or someone buyed it and now it is on ebay again without any changes. This is now the third time, very strange. 

https://www.ebay.at/itm/192495328943

Well, this is good news:

This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available.

• Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.