Nomad 12 Fader Gain

AudioJesus

When I am monitoring my mix track, I can still hear each channel, even though my faders are turned all the way down. I've been looking through the menus, doing internet searches, etc. I can't seem to find any info on it. I'm assuming this is a rookie mistake? Any info is appreciated. 

I love the nomad, because essentially anything can be routed anywhere. That amount of freedom can mean more opportunities for user error, especially if you have to re-route things in a time crunch. My best guess is your headphone setting is incorrect, and maybe your isos are being included in the headphone matrix. Double check that you have the correct bus or card track selected in your ["mix" headphone preset]. If it looks good there, double check what is being routed to that specific card or bus track.   Good luck! Please post again when you've figured out your issue.

Which firmware are you using ?

There's a bug introduced since vers X, which was now fixed. I wonder if you have some fader not being touched (moved) after booting which enabling audio at unity gain (at 12 O'clock) to your mix track.

7.97G Jan 12 2017
    fixed faders being at unity when booting up

Remember that on Nomad/Deva there are essentially three different mix matrices..... input to trax, input (and trax) to output, input (and trax) to headphones. What you set in one matrix may well be different from what you set on another.

Input to trax will set what you record and where.

Input to output will affect what you get at the physical outputs whilst recording, and maybe different depending on record mode and playback mode.

Input to headphones will set what you hear in your headphones.

Be aware that almost all crosspoints can be set pre or post fader, and can be in or out of phase.

What you see on your meters may well not be what you are hearing in your headphones.

The Nomad is an exteremely powerful (and thus complaex) tool.

Find an ideal setup (or two) and memorise them so you can always get the machine back to a known state.

Good luck, Simon B

Thank you all for taking the time to helping me with this. This got me looking at my Headphone 1 menu, where I realized I was monitoring the card tracks, and not the output. I set it to only monitor the output and now, when I turn my fader down, I hear nothing!