For NEW people looking for experience...not money!

Now, please don't be angry with me... I am just as likely to scoff at these as the rest of you... but at least I am not pretending it's something it isn't.

A friend I have helped out in the past for small projects is putting together a crew to shoot an 8-page presentation the weekend of the 28th.  She was a director's assistant on a film I mixed a few years ago, and is very kind and fun.  I just can't do it myself.

I don't want to sell this as "if it gets funding for a feature, then you WILL be the sound guy", or any of the other crap that is passed off to get free help.  It's a freebie, and might be fun for a young kid who wants to have a go at doing the job without the pressures of a project that will meet the scrutiny of an audience.  It'll be a group of 20-somethings heading out the desert, hoping to find someone keen to camp there and join in the festivities.  That kind of thing.  It looks like they need cast too, so perhaps you can bring a significant other or friend who has some acting experience.  It's for a presentation, not a festival, so will not be theatre-bound.  They are attempting to get a RED camera, so it might be good if you want to check out one of those.

Here's her pitch...

I am helping a friend do a scene/pitch for an upcoming feature.  We'll be filming a scene in the desert, not far from Los Angeles (apprx 2 hrs).  It'll be around 8 pages.  We'll be creating this pitch, with score and VFX, to show it to potential investors.

We'll be traveling to the location (TBD) late morning/early afternoon on Sat, Mar 28.  Set up for late afternoon/twilight and shoot for apprx 5 hrs.  Most of us will be staying to camp overnight.  We'll have food, bevvys, a couple of tents, and carpooling.

This is just to help a friend and maybe let someone practice being on camera or using a RED Camera and/or Panasonic HD Camera.  This is on a volunteer basis.

Who we'll need:

3 female actors (save me, I might have to be a cast member)

DP/Camera Operator for the RED Camera

If anyone is interested, please contact me by Tuesday, March 24, noon.

Eunice Choi / hipchimp@gmail.com / 310.873.7766

Robert