Sennheiser Stereo TX powered by bag

Nate C

I've seen a few people using Sennheiser stereo IEM transmitters in bag/cart mode powered from the bag, not mains.

What size or part number is the power connecter to go into the transmitter? In my case EW 300 IEM G3.

Does the cable need to be regulated to 12v? I'd imagine the TX could handle 16v but the manual states only use the supplied mains unit. I am powering my bag using Hi-Q batteries with either an Audioroot BG-DU or BG-DH.

Couldn't find this information in their manual or online.

I have no knowledge on how to make a cable that regulates/limits the power, so if that is required it may be smarter to purchase one.

Any wisdom shared is appreciated.

I have an SR300iem on my cart, but it’s not getting regulated power. My battery doesn’t seem to higher than 14V, so I don’t know about 16V, but otherwise it works well. I just used the mains cable and cut off the plug, but you can also just use any generic plug that fits. 

As always, thanks Constantin.

It was through your (and others) advice/sharing of knowledge, that I decided to switch to Sennheisers for IFB. Have been using a couple IEMs with a standard G3 for several months now and have have been very pleased with the system. I found a great deal on a bunch of used IEMs and an SR300iem that was to good to pass up.

I may just go the cutting the plug off the mains supply. Would rather avoid wasting time buying and making up power leads only to discover I brought the wrong size connector again.

Cheers Nate.