633 PFL

Ed Denton

Apologies in advance if this has been covered but I can’t find any reference to this in the manual or online. My PFL switches are operating as “post-fade listen” rather than pre-fade. I have my Input to ISO routing as post-fade which is how I prefer it (in case I need to mute actors who walk off to the toilet without notice or something). But I would like to be able to have my PFL as Pre-fade listen so I can audition mics before bringing them into the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Ed Denton said:

Apologies in advance if this has been covered but I can’t find any reference to this in the manual or online. My PFL switches are operating as “post-fade listen” rather than pre-fade. I have my Input to ISO routing as post-fade which is how I prefer it (in case I need to mute actors who walk off to the toilet without notice or something). But I would like to be able to have my PFL as Pre-fade listen so I can audition mics before bringing them into the mix.

Hey, No apologies necessary. 95 views and nobody has stopped to help you out!!!!

——>MENU——>INPUT——>PFL MODE——>PRE, ( NOT FOLLOW ISO) 

This defeats the purpose of ISO tracks in my mind. Whatever works though is OK. 

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
With the 633, it's that the PFL mode follows the ISO setting. The 664 allows a separate PFL mode setting, the 633 doesn't.
The manual advises to use PFL (and explains PFL as pre- or post fade listening).

Ahh that explains it. Pity that you can’t have post-fade ISO’s and pre-fade monitor on $3000 piece of gear. Would love to see this remedied in an firmware update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk