newzhack

Sennheiser 6042

I am seriously thinking about purchasing one of these receivers. I would love to hear from someone who has used one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great receiver, I've been using it for about eight months now, mainly with SK5212. And never had issues. It has an excellent range and great filters (I have a hop transmitter in my bag and there are no effects on the EK6042). Very rugged and reliable, best sound. Much less compander artifacts than with the older EKs. The option to receive EW is great too.

cons: the slot adapter is too bulky and heavy and the analogue outputs' level is a little too low if you have to use a line input (SD633 Inputs 4-6).

I have some nice SK 250 transmitters in the 500 range that still have some life in them. I also have a 3000 cube for the boom that is about the best transmitter I have ever used. I could retire my 600 range units. 

Used the 6042 with 20 year old SK50 too and those transmitters sounded better than ever before. There is no preset for them, but the "5200-II" setting did well. So that's probably a good idea.