Looks like Zoom has introduced a sequel to the F8 at NAB. Only info so far is from this post from Production Sound Solutions on Instagram:

30087596_426679151106099_3183059323160887296_n.jpg

New for the Zoom F8n
Updated GUI
Selectable line/mic input
New battery slot
Look ahead limiters
Better headphone Amp!

And this unconfirmed report from MacintoshEddie on reddit:

…Improved voltage range for Hirose inputs […] Anticipated July delivery with pricing around $1200

A Zoom rep is here in this video talking about the Zoom F8n, a "sneak peak":

The recorder is still a few months away ("July"), and details are not yet concrete (price is looking to be twelve hundred dollars). 

That's Samuel in the video in post #2. He sometimes posts here as ZoomOfficial. Today's the last day of the NAB trade show, but perhaps in a few days before he can fill us in a bit...

I'd bet anything that, the supposed F8n inside the display cabinet , (that probably no one was allowed to touch during NAB) is just a normal F8 with some different firmware loaded, and displaying some fancy new screen :-)

Where did they say they won't? There are more things they'll change than just what they've said so far. Maybe they'll change that. (fingers crossed)

I hope the iOS app gets updated too. I wrote Zoom an email a few weeks ago with some thoughts:

Hey there!

I've been using your Zoom F8 app for various film productions, and have some thoughts and questions. I really like being able to remote control the F8 through the app. But it's very annoying having to disconnect the app to be able to edit scene and take of a file, which also means having to type it in via the rotary controller on the F8 instead of the virtual keyboard in the app. It can break the flow of production.

Some features I would like to see in the app:
1 - Editing scene and take of a file in the finder.
2 - Shortcut to recording or getting to the home screen from the finder/menu.
3 - Confirmation on the app (not just on the F8) when pressing false take/increment scene.
4 - Track naming and display on the mixer.
5 - Track coloring on the mixer (for matching color coded receivers/actors).

Will there be any updates to the app? And will there be an android version?

Good wishes
-Jacob

15 hours ago, Jacob Gustavsson said:

I hope the iOS app gets updated too.

Pity they don't have an Android app either. 

I did a shoot a few weeks back with the F8, and the app is cool indeed, just felt like they could do so so much more with it! (such as why not playback over bluetooth?!)