Just now, Vincent R. said:

Funny how much the deal is cheaper than if you buy just the F8 by itself

Not really - I'm sure John wants to clear the bags as well as the F8 before the 'n' and its new bag comes in ... and if anyone expressed an intention to buy the recorder at its full price he'd tell them the bundle was on offer.

For me - I can't really complain since Zoom have improved on an already good / inexpensive product without a price increase - although without digi IO and/or a cascade feature I'm not one of those rushing to pre-order ... not to say I might not pick one up eventually though. An editor friend has one and rates it (the 8).

J

On 6/12/2018 at 10:57 PM, IronFilm said:

ronmac, that is the original F8, and I've already seen it go on special for as low as US$650. This isn't at all unusual to see for stock to be cleared before a new product arrives. (They're not going to be selling both the F8n and F8 together, production on the F8 will stop)

I just hope that for those of us still building our arsenal while working out of a bag can get some last minute updates. I don't know about everybody else, but I just want to get some additional mics, IFB's, and timecode sync boxes before upgrading to F8n.