Richard Ragon

Longest lasting

Whats longer lasting?  A SMQV with double Lithium batteries?  Or a 400 series with one of those Ultra batteries?  Or is there something else?

Just picking other's brains.

Thanks, everyone.

-Richard

In my experience, the dual-battery Lectrosonics SM transmitters have been the longest lasting.

I don't recall exactly how long it lasts, but I believe the Sennheiser 5212 also goes for 12+ hours, on only a single battery.

It appears that there is still room for a manufacturer to create an "all-day" transmitter.  Since we have tiny transmitters available to us that last 5+ hours on an NP50 battery, it stands to reason that it would be possible to create a larger size transmitter that could use dense lithium batteries to last all day.  Reality shows with large cast counts would really benefit from it.

I've never had anything run longer than an SMQV.  I routinely get 8+ hours on NiMH batteries with them and lithiums would add considerable run time to that.

I just rented 12 SMQVs for this gig that I'm working on.  Hopefully, I won't run out of HD space while recording 12 tracks for 10+ hours!!  :)

Thank you everyone!