AETA Audio Systems stops the production of 4MINX

IronFilm

Not sure exactly when this happened? As this news seems to have slid by unmentioned. But must have been sometime during 2018, not earlier, as I recall looking at their web page earlier this year and it was still available back then. 

Dear partners and users,

for several months, we have been looking for a partnership to maintain the production of 4Minx, with an acceptable price level.

Unfortunately, our research did not succeed, we had the choice between strongly increase the price of the 4Minx, or stop the production, it is this second solution which was retained.

AETA thus stops definitively the manufacture of the 4Minx and the diffusion of new update.

We would like to thank all the users of 4Minx, whose passion made our decision all the more difficult to take.

We will continue to support you and ensure the maintenance and repairs of the 4Minx, so you can enjoy your device for as long as possible.

We wish you, partner, distributors and users of 4MINX, all the success possible in your projects.

The AETA team

http://www.aeta-audio.com/index.php?id=4minx

It was back in February, I think: John Willett may be able to add more, though there isn't much more to be said I guess (John has posted here in the past and is active on other forums, and, of course, is the distributor here in the UK).

Cheers,

Roland 

Had a look at this machine at a couple of trade shows - It had some good things going for it but support didn't look to be 1 of them - the folks representing were vague and didn't seem to be very familiar with the features. TBF, they weren't as bad as those from Roland whose disinterest in the R-88 could not be more tangible. Obviously different machines, at different prices, for different markets but a curiously similar lack of commitment by the people 'trying' to get the products out there.

I have one, 4 nice preamps (Probably the best of the market in a portable device), 8 tracks, superb headphone amplifier, but some software flaws.

IMMO the software developer was fired/or move for other tasks and Aeta didn't hire a new one. The contiuous request of bug fixes and new capabilities provoked that announcement.

Sad

IMG_4852 (1).jpg

19 hours ago, ramallo said:

I have one, 4 nice preamps (Probably the best of the market in a portable device), 8 tracks, superb headphone amplifier, but some software flaws.

IMMO the software developer was fired/or move for other tasks and Aeta didn't hire a new one. The contiuous request of bug fixes and new capabilities provoked that announcement.

Sad

IMG_4852 (1).jpg

"4 nice preamps (Probably the best of the market in a portable device)"

X3? 

13 hours ago, daniel said:

"4 nice preamps (Probably the best of the market in a portable device)"

X3? 

Well, if a person means "bag portable" then the X3 might start to stretch that definition? But the 4Minx in comparison is very small.