Syncing Audio und Video via Metadata TC in Premiere Pro (Tentacle)

OnTheSoundSideOfLife

Hey folks,

may seem like a stupid question, but is it possible to sync Video and Audio in Premiere via Metadata TC without using the dedicated Tentacle Software? The footage was shot on a Red Camera + Tentacle and a 744T, both synced. I don't have the video material, otherwise I would just test it myself. So far none of the youtube tutorials were helpful, but my guess is, that you have to use the "merge clips" function.

Any help is appreciated.

SoundSide

Yes, it was connected to the TC input. I'm just asking because I occasionaly work with people who never used TC in post production and I want to be able to tell them excaclty what they have to do in Premiere. So far from what I've seen/read it seems like you can only sync one clip at once with "merge clips" or use a (stupid) multi-camera workaround. It's not as easy as with Avid or Davinci, which is a bummer if you work with Premiere on Windows and don't have access to the Tentacle Software. It's almost useless that I provide TC for those people..

well, there is my LTC convert app that can do so, but that will be at file level (thus, creating new files. Depending on the source / preferences there does not have to be a video transcode.)

How many clips are we talking about?