Countryman B6 caps?

alenK

Hello,

I like to use B6 mics frequently.

Infrequently, but too often, I learn that a protective cap has been dislodged and misplaced while the mic was being removed from talent.

The cost of the replacement caps seems unnaturally high at approximately $10 each. Is there a best price source for the protective caps?

Thank you.

Thank you.

I imagine it is a pain to get the wire mesh stuck in the tiny caps but it sure seems like this part is made from $0.05 worth of materials and then a whole lot of *overhead* turns it into a $10 item. It seems like the kind of part that should sell in ten packs for $10 and get drop shipped direct from manufacturer in a small envelope.

I can not imagine claiming "lost and damaged" for a part that seems destined to get lost, and when lost is rarely, if ever, caused as a result of carelessness or malice. The darn things just slide off when people are retrieving the mics from their hiding spots. Once they fall into clothing or onto the ground it takes a search team to find the missing part. Never the less, every time it happens it feels like I pulled $10 out of my wallet and threw it in the trash can.

I was hoping someone knew of a alternate source etc.

Thank you!