Sign in to follow this  
cjh

DXL2 - any user reviews?

Am about to do feature that may use the new DXL2 camera, it has the Red 8k sensor but they have a much upgraded cooling system so hopefully less problematic. Any user reviews re noise and workflow, audio/tc inputs etc, will be feeding audio and TC from zax ERX.

Thanks,

Chris.

I worked with one a few months ago. It had xlr audio inputs, but the camera we had was a beta version and had no functional audio circuitry. That was a fun surprise... And a 5 pin lemo TC input. I kept a tentacle on it at all times and never heard from post about TC being off. Fan was pretty quiet. Not Alexa quiet, but better than I expected considering it had a RED sensor.

thanks, it's the red way to release cameras when not everything is working (like the audio board), good to see Panavision is keeping up that fine tradition.

I worked with one last week

Didnt have the audio input extension ,but took TC without any futzing .... Has a built in crappy mic .

Didnt hear  anything back from post so I guess it all synced up fine.

I didn’t hear the fan .

one week in with the Pana DLX2, doesn't have the audio module so TC lock only, all works well and the fans are a lot better than a standard red build.