The best Paul McCartney interview ever

al mcguire

• 1 month later...

Receiving a Companionship at the Liverpool Institute Of Performing Arts last month. Sir Paul turns up every year and greets every graduate personally: 250+ this year. I got this honorary thing for still being alive, still working and giving the odd lecture to the students.

A fun couple of days, although being platform-bound for nearly three hours whilst 250 graduates filed past was a tad taxing, but at least I didn't have to kiss/shake hands with them all, like he did. 

Oh, and the psychedelic sneakers bottom left belong to Nile Rodgers, who got his award at the same ceremony. 

John

6 hours ago, soundmanjohn said:

Receiving a Companionship at the Liverpool Institute Of Performing Arts last month. Sir Paul turns up every year and greets every graduate personally: 250+ this year. I got this honorary thing for still being alive, still working and giving the odd lecture to the students.

A fun couple of days, although being platform-bound for nearly three hours whilst 250 graduates filed past was a tad taxing, but at least I didn't have to kiss/shake hands with them all, like he did. 

Oh, and the psychedelic sneakers bottom left belong to Nile Rodgers, who got his award at the same ceremony. 

John

Congratulations! Wish I could attend one of your odd lectures…

My lectures are very odd indeed! Actually, Niles put his Companion hat on top of the hat he was already wearing and still managed to look cool: an extremely nice chap, I thought.  (We did have to give the gowns and hats back after the ceremony, though, so they can use them again next time,)

Thanks for the congrats, folks.

John

• 1 month later...