Writing files back to DV824

Guest tourtelot

Guest tourtelot

I am having no luck writing files back to the HDD on my DV824 from my computer.  This makes it a little difficult to transfer work from the 744T that I have had out on run-around work.  The only way to do it at this time, according to Fostex, is using an Etherlink cable and an FTP.  A USB/Firewire interface is expected "soon." I can transfer files off the DV824 but not onto.  Error say simply "can not write file."  All discs are unprotected.  Fostex USA is a bit stumped and Fostex Japan hasn't gotten back to me yet.  Maybe someone on the group has figured out the solution.

D.

I am having no luck writing files back to the HDD on my DV824 from my computer.  This makes it a little difficult to transfer work from the 744T that I have had out on run-around work.  The only way to do it at this time, according to Fostex, is using an Etherlink cable and an FTP.  A USB/Firewire interface is expected "soon." I can transfer files off the DV824 but not onto.  Error say simply "can not write file."  All discs are unprotected.  Fostex USA is a bit stumped and Fostex Japan hasn't gotten back to me yet.  Maybe someone on the group has figured out the solution.

D.

Dumb question: can you do a AES playout/input between the 744 and the 824?  Not a great solution but a digital copy at least?  Other wise--are file transfers possible on DV40 and PD6 (like, have they ever had this working on any machine)?

Philip Perkins

Guest tourtelot

A real-time digital transfer is no problem and as Marc pointed out on RAMPS, a DVD copy made from the 744T to another DVD on the laptop is another choice. I am trying to get Fostex and maybe Sound Devices to come up with a solution where transfers could be made at faster than real time from one machine to another.  According to the DV824 manual, using the Ethernet cable to the laptop, and the firewire cable from the 744T, using Explore and IE6 (or WS_FTP), it should be realitively quick and painless to do the transfer straight to the HDD of the DV824 (and mirror to the DVD-RAM).  It just doesn't work yet, and I am looking to make sure it is a "bug" and not operator-error.

Don't know about the DV40 and the PD6, sorry.

D.