Zaxnet 2.0

Frode L Hvatum

I too would love it if after a take the transmitter would upload and seamlessly reintegrate the bodypack recordings into the previous take's file as an extra track stored in the polywav (no need to be smart enough to figure out where drop outs are to be replaced, just create a whole new track for it and insert the bodyback recording into there), with no extra effort needed on our part, just done automatically into one neat little file. 

The Zaxcom rerecord feature was less automated than this, it essentially made a new file with all the transmitters palying back the audio in real time, then the new file timestamp would be changed to be in synch with the original.  Fortunately I don't often have issues with dropouts, but every time I do I wish this feature became a reality.

I thought this was already a feature of the older Deva recorders, but I could be wrong, I've never used the Deva.

11 hours ago, Frode L Hvatum said:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/02/sennheiser-memory-mic/

This is what I want for christmas. Zaxcom transmitters that record locally, then sync up to a nomad/maxx and fix all dropouts when the take is done over zaxnet. 

I'm assuming only 1 mic(unit) per phone (no multi-tracking :-), still brilliant if it works. No RX box. Instead uses the computational abilities of the phone to make up for limitations of bluetooth. 

Ha. A camera hop that could exploit this on bigger file recording cameras would be interesting, some thing for the big camera manufacturers (Sony) to ignore...

2 hours ago, Wandering Ear said:

The Zaxcom rerecord feature was less automated than this, it essentially made a new file with all the transmitters palying back the audio in real time, then the new file timestamp would be changed to be in synch with the original.  Fortunately I don't often have issues with dropouts, but every time I do I wish this feature became a reality.

I thought this was already a feature of the older Deva recorders, but I could be wrong, I've never used the Deva.

Yes, It's long been a working feature in the Devas.

• 2 weeks later...