Zaxcom Nomad 8.01 with Transmitter playback record

MartinTheMixer

Mike, Yes, but, I'm not sure how I would find just the section that I want to re-record. Lots of questions on this. In other words if the transmitter had been on for 20 minutes and I just need a one minute take, and it's at the end of that 20 minutes, how do I just get, or fast forward, to that one minute? But once I get all that figured out, it will be very impressive. 

Thank you, Martin

15 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Ideally it would use the timecode on the recorder's file and the TC in the transmitter to automatically match up the segment it wants to pull over.

Mike, Yes, but so far, I don't know how to do that. As of now, it is not time code stamping the same TC. It is just giving post the offset via sound report. So, if you rolled on a take at 0900, then, 30 minutes later, at 0930, you rerecorded it, it would have a note in the sound report, that reads -30:00. Does that make sense? 

Thank you, Martin

3 hours ago, glenn said:

The offset is in the note on the new file.  In this way there can never be overlapping timecode. This system has worked great for many years 

Glenn, Thanks. Is there some way to access (and play) the transmitter recorded file remotely? I.e. without taking the transmitter off of the talent? And don't get me wrong, I am loving this, not only can you rerecord if you have a RF hit, which is pretty rare with Zaxcom, but, you can remix the track recorded to the mixer. I.e., if you had an unexpected level of scream, and you hit the limiters hard in the mixer/recorder, you could rerecord the transmitter file, and since you are rerecording something that has already happened, you know where the scream is at and how many DB to reduce it in order to not hit the limiters.

Thank you, Martin

• 3 weeks later...