iZotope RX 7 tease

Jim Feeley

Just over 30-seconds long. Dialogue Contour seems to be the thing. I guess IBC/AES-ish release?

And there's at least one book coming. Complete with an Encyclopedia of Noise :-)

https://www.halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.action?itemid=269473&lid=3&keywords=iZotope&subsiteid=1&

31 minutes ago, codyman said:

That's pretty wild.  I'm still on version 4 Advanced.  Wonder if they'll still let me leap frog up to 7.

Right there with you on 4 Standard. You can currently upgrade from RX 1-5 to 6, so I'd hope that will be the case for going to 7. Also hoping one or two Advanced modules slide down to Standard as they add new features. Probably not, but a guy can dream…

I'm on 4 Advanced and I've been thinking about upgrading to 6 Advanced, since they've apparently improved the Dialogue Denoiser which gets a lot of use from me. Also, I'm interested in Dialogue Isolate and De-Rustle. I've actually been changing prosody and intonations with pitch shifting occasionally, so Contour seems pretty interesting. The pitch shift that came with 4 Advanced still holds up great, so I'm excited if they've improved on it!

6 Advanced was a big step up for me. The upgrade from 5 Advanced was an instant buy once I trialled it.

Protools Expert podcast this week covered some speculative discussion that Mike Thornton could neither agree with or deny (including the suggestion he may or may not have been a beta tester), although if you read between the lines...

6 Advanced introduced neural network processing for dialog isolate and de-rustle, a big advance over even the best algorithmic processors. In fact, a lot of times I use dialog isolate instead of conventional noise reduction -- even izotope's -- because it actually eliminates some of the noise instead of just letting it hide under the spectrum of the desired sound. 

I suspect 7 will not only add more NN functions, but also tighten up the training on the two existing NN modules. 

[I'm sure most of us on this forum understand the terms I've been throwing around. If not, here's an article on NN I wrote for CAS Quarterly. There's plenty of info on multiband expansion for noise reduction, which is how almost all the conventional "lern the noise first" plugins work, in my books and other places. ]

Am the only one to think that the teaser is completely out of place regarding the actual purpose of the software: Removing what makes a "space suit" communication sounds real (aka all the buzzing sound)....Did not prevent me from buying the update though 😂

They should really fire their marketing team and made "real world" video that would what this software is capable of doing.

This is just a tease and I think the only people who are going to critique it (people like you and me), already know something about what RX does.

I presume we'll get more information and videos about what RX 7 does when it's announced. And I'd guess converting the core processing engine to Wankel is taking some time.

Lots more information, downloads, etc on the iZotope website:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx.html

And here's a chart that makes it easy to see what's included in each version, what's new and improved, and what you have to spend:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/features-and-comparison.html

And here's a three-minute video that prettily discusses some of the new features:

Ya, I'll upgrade...

Just checked update pricing, which has additional discounts through October 31:

- RX 7 Standard for RX 1-6 Standard Owners $149 USD

RX 7 Advanced for RX 1-7 Standard Owners $499 USD

I can't see pricing for RX 1-6 Advanced to RX 7 Advanced upgrades. But it does confirm that all versions of RX are eligible for upgrades. Thanks, good guys Izotope!

This may push me to jump from RX4 Standard to 7 Advanced. 

4 hours ago, ronmac said:

There are even better pricing options when purchasing through an on-line retailer: 

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/taxonomy/term/244/?f[0]=bm_field_on_sale_now%3Atrue&mc_cid=43793f7697&mc_eid=14fdd6e28b

Discounted price will show when you place item in cart.

I thank you, my wallet is a little grumpy. I downloaded the RX 7 Advanced trial and pulled a couple of old takes that had issues, and was really impressed with what I could do with 7 Advanced. Authorizing now…