Hi Jeff,

When I log on , I normally click straight to the 'Show New Posts Since last visit' link, where there always 10 or so at least. The last few days there have been none. Is no-one posting, or is there an issue?

Best Regards

Roger Slater

Malvern UK

I've noticed the same thing and you didn't used to have to log out to get a list of new messages previously.

Also I have to keep signing in every time which I didn't used to have to do for weeks at a time but perhaps that's because I've been too lazy to work out how to delete the old cookie or something, perhaps I'll do it now!

Another thing I noticed is that the path hyperlink that appears above the "Subject" box on each page used to appear at the bottom of the page as well, so one did not have to scroll back up to see it.  It looks like this:

The Discussion Group @ jwsound.net > Main Board > Post to the Host > New Posts

I'm jus' sayin'.

Hi Jeff,

When I log on , I normally click straight to the 'Show New Posts Since last visit' link, where there always 10 or so at least. The last few days there have been none. Is no-one posting, or is there an issue?

Best Regards

Roger Slater

Malvern UK

I have to tell you that the 'Show unread posts since last visit" has never worked very reliably for me, or even as I imagine it is supposed to work. It is a function of the login, logout process, as Laurnece and others point out, and of course the cookie that tracks this, but it doesn't seem to follow predictable logic. The easiest thing to do is to look at the list that appears below the boards where the last 16 entries in chronological order appear. This list, I imagine, also will not update itself unless you refresh the page with your browser, but you shouldn't have to log in and log out.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

One more thing.  I may have also deleted cookies.  Not sure when I did that, as I just upgraded RAM and hard drive in my Mini on Friday, and dumped lots of things during that process.  All working normally for me since then.

I have to tell you that the 'Show unread posts since last visit" has never worked very reliably for me, or even as I imagine it is supposed to work. It is a function of the login, logout process, as Laurnece and others point out, and of course the cookie that tracks this, but it doesn't seem to follow predictable logic. The easiest thing to do is to look at the list that appears below the boards where the last 16 entries in chronological order appear. This list, I imagine, also will not update itself unless you refresh the page with your browser, but you shouldn't have to log in and log out.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

I have never had an issue seeing this.  My bookmark goes straight to this page, and I have always found it accurate, even recently.  It works even when I am logged in and replying to posts.  I click on the bookmark at any time and it shows me new posts, keeps up the ones I haven't read, and clears the one I just read or responded to.

Robert

Robert

I have tried all the usual stuff, log out and in, clear cache, clear cookies etc. It's the same whether I use Firefox or Safari. It does make checking the board a lot more laborious, as it was so easy to follow the topics that are of interest.  It does seem a known issue with Simple Machine users:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=277823.0

Regards

Roger