Good film production / audio production magazines

takev

Hello everyone,

As you know I am the developer of Boom Recorder. I am thinking of advertise my product in a magazine. Could you tell me which magazines you are reading.

I am also looking for a good general film production magazine for me to just read, as I am trying to make my own independed science fiction movie. And as it will be the first movie I will write, direct and finance I need all the help I can get.

Oh, and a couple of weeks ago I had my first Boom Operating job, that thing is quite heavy after a while, and the mixer wasn't that light either. I just hope the sound is ok.

Cheers,

Take

As you know I am the developer of Boom Recorder. I am thinking of advertise my product in a magazine. Could you tell me which magazines you are reading.Cheers,

Take

There is a definite shortage of trade magazines that deal directly with production sound recording. MIX Magazine does feature advertising and reviews of products but is very much music oriented and post production centric. Pro Sound Review often has quite good reviews and advertising. If you could get someone who is using BoomRecorder on a regular basis to write a good review, this could be very helpful. The other thing, of course, is to get your product noticed and get people to go to your website --- this is best accomplished by having your URL show up on all the personal websites that sound people have, also on R.A.M.P.S., C.A.S. website if possible (and maybe even advertising space in the C.A.S. magazine).

Pro Audio Review

http://www.proaudioreview.com/

MIX Magazine

http://mixonline.com/

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

I guess I'd recommend the CAS journal as being the most direct pipeline to film sound production people, although the circualtion is pretty small.  MIX doesn't have a film sound dept. per se any more, just occasional features, but Boom Recorder would be of interest to music people just as much as it is for film types.  The live music mixers I've mentioned it to seemed very interested.  I would not recommend EQ or Electronic Musician.  Studio Sound (English)?

Philip Perkins

takev - you also should check out the Coffey Audio Files, which is dedicated only to professional audio, for both production and post production. this magazine was several years in the works and we finally got it done. combined with the resources of CAS, i think these are you two best bets for getting useful tips from the industry.

if you want to advertise, email me off the forum and i can give you details. we had many enthusiastic contributors last time around, including Sennheiser, HHB, Zaxcom, Sound Devices, Technicolor, Motorola, PSC, Ricsonix, Sony Post Production, Encore Hollywood, SetWear, Cooper... and that was just our first issue. we are going to keep up the momentum and build on this important stepping stone. i'd love to get you involved so get in touch!